Located on the edge of the pine stand
Located on the edge of the pine stand that shelters the rest of our cozy log cabins, the Hitchin Post Lodge was named by our long-time returning guests. From the elevated screen-in deck and lounge, you can sit and relax in the breathtaking view of the forest and valleys found in the Hocking Hills region.
The main floor of this rustic, spacious lodge includes a large great room/living room, kitchen and dining areas, joined together by an old-fashioned gas log fireplace.
The large tiled bath is also on the main floor, and sports a full tub/shower. Three private bedrooms, one with a King-sized bed, one with a Queen-sized bed, and one with a Bunkbed, allows guest the comfort to enjoy the Hocking Hills with their family..
Most of the log furnishings in the Hitchin’ Post come from local artisans in nearby Jackson, Ohio. Enjoy the quiet beauty visible from the 2 covered, screened-in porches where you can lounge in all weather conditions.
Luxuriate in your own, private hot tub each evening after hiking and fishing all day, and then gather around the fire ring to tell stories and share memories.
Features of the Hitchin Post
- Hot tub on screened porch located on lower deck
- Patio area with fire ring - firewood provided
- Sleeps 6 persons
- Free High Speed WiFi
- Stone gas log fireplace (Available seasonally)
- Living room area with sofa & rocker, recliner, cable, Smart TV/Blu-Ray player with streaming
- 1 King-size bed, 1 Queen-size bed on Main Floor and 1 bunk bed - includes: linen, blankets, pillows
- Tub/Shower Bath includes: towels, bath soap, paper products
- Updated AC/Heat for more comfortable stay
- Gas Grill w/utensils/foil
- Equipped Kitchen with oven range, refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker with Columbia 100% Arabica coffee, coffee pods toaster, dishes, pans, utensils, salt & pepper, trash bags, dish soap
- Upper Deck Area with table and chairs, screened in Lounge Area
- Hiking trails on the property
- Short hike to stocked pond on the property bring equipment, no licenses required on private property
- We provide soy candles for romantic environment
- Suggest you bring: Food, Personal toiletries, movies & Beach towel if you like for the hot tub